For medium size to large retail players in emerging economies, who want to do more for their shoppers with data, Hypertrade is a retail analytics platform powerhouse that transforms data from any source into recommendations and actions. Unlike BI solutions or spreadsheets, Hypertrade is packed with retail expert algorithms and automation. Our business is built on retail expertise, data science and collaboration Hyper trade. We are based in Bangkok, and today, we are servicing clients in South-East Asia, Africa and The Middle East.
Data Engineer Role
We are recruiting a Data Integration Engineer to play an important role in our data team and work across the organisation to improve the automation, management and flow of customers data from start to finish. The role will span a number of core areas such as: bringing hands-on software engineering which improves and gels together our pipelines and datasets, planning and architecting new data flows and approach and supporting the data lead on the delivery of new data focused tools and features for our customers.
- Collaborating with the data lead to deliver cutting-edge data tools and features for our customers
- Designing and implementing data pipelines to ingest, process, and store data from a variety of sources
- Building and maintaining data storage systems, such as databases and data lakes and data warehouses
- Write scripts, tests and automation processes to clean, parse and manage data effectively
- Analyzing and manipulating data using programming languages such as BigQuery, SQL, Python, and NodeJS.
- Developing and implementing data governance and security protocols
- Working with stakeholders to understand their data needs and use cases and providing technical guidance and support
- Continuously improving the performance, reliability, and scalability of data systems
- Demonstrable achievements working as a data engineer
- Experience with developing complex queries to interface with and extract insights from big data systems
- Strong programming skills, with experience in languages such as SQL, Python, and NodeJS
- Experience with data storage and management systems, such as data lakes and warehouses
- Good working knowledge with hosting environments such as AWS and GCP and CI/CD pipelines
- Strong knowledge of the following Database (or related) technologies and query languages: SQL, Google BigQuery, MySQL, PostgreSQL
- Experience with agile development methodologies
- Experience with Git and a collaborative approach to software engineering
- Strong communication skills and the ability to explain technical concepts to non-technical stakeholders