At Hypertrade our purpose is to help retail players offer the best shopping experience to their customers in Asia, Africa and the Middle East. We enhance and construct a pioneering retail platform that enables our customers to understand and get value out of complex data sets.
Our DNA is built on data science, retail expertise and collaboration. We are recruiting two Software Engineers to play an important role in our team as we continue to grow and develop innovative solutions for our clients. The Software Engineer will be responsible for designing, implementing, and maintaining software applications using a variety of programming languages and technologies.
The vision you'll help build is a fully automated data ingestion system that delivers expert business recommendations, powered by machine learning, industry-leading code and server less architecture. You're strongly attracted by the world of big data and have already achieved meaningful successes that you're happy to share.
You know where your talents are and if you're convinced that an experience in the continuously evolving world of cloud and commerce will be a boost to your career... then we're the right fit for you! And if by chance, like us, you value relationships, you are open-minded and constructive and want to make an impact, Hypertrade is the team you're looking for.
- Designing and implementing data pipelines to ingest, process, and store data from a variety of sources
- Building and maintaining data storage systems, such as databases and data lakes
- Write scripts, tests and automation processes to clean, parse and manage data effectively
- Analyzing and manipulating data using programming languages such as BigQuery, SQL, Python, and NodeJS
- Developing and implementing data governance and security protocols
- Working with stakeholders to understand their data needs and use cases, and providing technical guidance and support
- Continuously improving the performance, reliability, and scalability of data systems
- Demonstrable achievements working as a data engineer
- Strong programming skills, with experience in languages such as SQL, Python, and NodeJS
- Experience with RESTful API design and development
- Experience with data storage and management systems, such as databases and data lakes
- Good working knowledge with hosting environments such as AWS and GCP and CI/CD pipelines
- Strong knowledge of the following Database (or related) technologies and query languages: SQL, Google BigQuery, MongoDB, MariaDB, MySQL, PostgreSQL
- Good understanding and working knowledge of both unit and integration testing
- Experience with agile development methodologies
- Experience with Git and a collaborative approach to software engineering
- Strong communication skills and the ability to explain technical concepts to non-technical stakeholders